[mapserver-users] Re: Projection Question

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Thu Jun 21 13:40:56 EDT 2001

Thanks, Frank, for your help. The Mapserver version I'm using at this
time (can't get to it right now) is able to project the tif images I
have. The new data will be stand-alone and not try to combine the
Massachusetts tifs with the New York ones.

Once, I found a listing that told me UTM 1927 was refered to as
"clrk66". I can't seem to find that reference page again. I also found
out that the Massachusetts data I have is Massachusetts State Plane
1983, (Mainland - meters) and I can't figure out how to declare that in
the "proj=" portion.
Can someone make some kind of code-decode table available for the valid
values in "proj=" and "ellps="?
TIA for any guidance or referals on this.
Kieran