[mapserver-users] Transparent Background w/ PHP?

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Jun 21 15:42:01 EDT 2001

I'm trying to enable transparent backgrounds for my main images (see portion
of map file below):

NAME Lockport
EXTENT 1050540 1787070 1059000 1795073
SIZE 500 400
FONTSET "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mapserv\ms_symbols\fonts\fonts.list"
SYMBOLSET "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\lockport\symbols\symbol.sym"
SHAPEPATH "D:\WorkingData\20000156"
UNITS feet
TRANSPARENT ON

If I call up the mapfile w/out using MapScript (i.e. the traditional "out of
the box" template file, etc), it works, the image is transparent. But when I
use it in a PHP / MapScript application , there is no tranparency. Any
ideas?

Chip Hankley