mapsctipt and tcl followup

Milton Hill Milton.E.Hill at DFW.STATE.OR.US
Sun Mar 4 17:32:06 EST 2001

Ack, My www email client died as I was sending this. I don't think the previous attempt posted - my apologies if it did.

Tom,
Thanks for your quick responses, I really appreciate it! Please bear with me - I know about enought to get into trouble but not enough to get out...

In your answer you refer to "libtff" and my error contains "libttf" is that correct or is there a typo? I have nothing libtff*... I'm assuming libttf

I had checked /usr/local/lib/MapscriptTcl1.0/libMapscript.* and others with ldd and at least thought I'd fixed those problems by adding /usr/local/lib to my .cshrc. THis at least made ldd report that the libraries are resolved. I'm using Solaris 2.6 on sparc. So, I tried ldd from the "sh" shell and noticed that ldd reported some errors, so I took your first suggestion and copied the libraries not found to /usr/lib. This fixed those problems BUT I still can't run the programs in question. The error looks like this now:

rainbow{milt}16: !12
msappwiz.tcl
Error in startup script: couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/MapscriptTcl1.0/libM
apscript.so": ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/wish: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/l
ib/libtiff.so: symbol __eprintf: referenced symbol not found
    while executing
"load /usr/local/lib/MapscriptTcl1.0/libMapscript.so"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Mapscript"
    (file "msappwiz.tcl" line 24)