double-byte charachter label output

matt matt at aruke.com
Wed Mar 7 22:30:34 EST 2001

hi,

i am using version ms_3.3.011 of mapserver on redhat linux 6.2 with freetype
1.3.1 and libtiff 3.5.6 beta.  my regular single byte true type fonts are
working ok, but when i try to output kanji with ttf's that support
double-byte charachters i get a bunch of garbage.  has anyone else had
success in using kanji or any double-byte chars in thier map labels?  if
not, can anyone tell me where to start on solving this problem?  does anyone
know if freetype supports double-byte chars?

thanks in advance,
matt