HTML template naming

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Fri Mar 16 11:58:26 EST 2001

Dear list,

I noticed that HTML templates in the WEB section have to be named with a .html
suffix. That means,

WEB
  TEMPLATE template.html
  [ ... stuff .. ]
END

will be accepted my mapserver, but

WEB
  TEMPLATE template.phtml
  [ ... stuff .. ]
END

will throw the following error:

name.

My question is: is this a desired behaviour? Some webservers are configured to
let php code be executed from .phtml and/or .php files only. What am I to do
if there is code that must be executed in my .phtml templates?

I did not check if the same restrictions apply to the header and footer
directives as well, but I guess that they use the same template name parsing.

Thorsten

Thorsten Fischer          thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102