Class Expressions & Class Items

Thorsten Fischer frosch at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 27 04:34:47 EST 2001

Ladies & gentlemen,

I am using php MapScript to display data from shapefiles. The .dbf
data files have been imported into an Oracle database for
performance and maintenance reasons.

I want to 'highlight' one or more shapes in a layer by filling
them with a different color. Using a map file, I would do
the following:

[ BLA BLA LAYER DEFINITION ]
CLASSITEM "name"
CLASS
  EXPRESSION /<whatever>/
  COLOR <a lighter color>
END
CLASS
  EXPRESSION /./
  COLOR <default color>
END
[ REST OF BLA BLA ]

Coding in php MapScript, I would now get the first class with
getClass (), set a new expression, redraw the map, and that's it.

Unfortunately, the CLASSITEM stuff is retrieved from the .dbf
file of course, which does not exist for me anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thorsten Fischer