displaying rasterdata

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 28 11:59:15 EST 2001

It's possible, I'm using far larger datasets here. Server size is a matter more
of the anticipated use as well as the size of the datasets. One hit a day
doesn't require much of a server but 1000's a day obviously would.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Herman Tjesse de Haan <hdhaan at Delft.nl> 03/28/01 08:59AM >>>
Hi,

I have a set of arial photo's which sould be displayed with mapserver. They
are tif-files with tfw-files. One tif file is around 12 MB.
Is it possible to display these tif files quickly on the intranet? What
requirements should the server have if quick display of these tif-files
should be possible?

Thanks in advance!

Herman de Haan