AZ-C SPCS definition

Chad Streck chads at adci.com
Wed Mar 28 15:11:05 EST 2001

Thanks Frank.  I used your values and changed units to ft and converted
the x_0 to feet by multiplying 3.28084, and my points landed about 200
miles east of where they should be.  So I figured it was a +/- issue, so
I put a - in front of the x_0 and that shifted it about 500 miles west.
So for giggles, I used you meters calculation and the points land where
they are supposed to be, so I'm very confused at this time.

Here is what I have for the map file projection....

  projection
   "proj=tmerc"
   "ellps=GRS80"
   "units=ft"
   "lon_0=-111.916666667"
   "lat_0=31.000000000"
   #"x_0=699999.9999972"
   "x_0=213360.000"
   "y_0=0.000000"
   "k=0.999900"
   "no_defs"
  end

... and for the layer that is in lat/long....

  layer
   classitem "status"
#    maxscale 1000000
#    minscale 0
   name "ace"
   data "procon/ace-cust"
   status default
   type point
   projection
     geographic
   end
   class
     color 0 64 128
     expression /A/
     name "Existing Customers"
     size 8
     symbol "hospital"
   end
   class
     color 128 64 0
     expression /B/
     name "New Prospects"
     size 8
     symbol "hospital"
   end
   class
     color 64 128 0
     expression /C/
     name "New Customers"
     size 8
     symbol "hospital"
   end
   queryitem "ddlong"
   tolerance 5
   query
     expression /./
     template ""
   end
  end

I have some imagery that is in AZ-C NAD83 FT that I will now place on
the vector data to see how far off I am.

Chad