MapScript/ActivePerl/NT

Olaf Czogalla ocz at ifak.fhg.de
Fri Mar 30 10:57:57 EST 2001

I'm trying to install Mapscript for Perl under Windows98/NT with Apache.
The Mapserver runs fine under Apache as it does ActivePerl. It is possible
to run *.pl Scripts  as CGI from the Document-Root.

When I try to

use MapScript;

and do some testing I get the following error messages:

C:\Download Stuff\MapServer\ms_demo>perl -w ms.pl
Can't locate loadable object for module mapscript in @INC (@INC contains:
C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:/Perl/site/lib/mapscript.pm line 7
Compilation failed in require at ms.pl line 4.

The mapscript.pm I took from source distribution "as is". Where I can get
now the missing loadable objects, or do I need a mapscript.dll for Perl, is
any available out there? I noticed from mailing archives that this issue
has been discussed earlier, but found no hint later, so I'm actually
stucked at this point.

I've also considered to turn to PHP but is there also anything like XBase
since I need
dbf-support for dynamic database access?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Olaf

Olaf Czogalla
IFAK/ITS Dept

IFAK Magdeburg