[mapserver-users] query timeout problem

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri May 4 16:22:06 EDT 2001

I've got a feeling there was a bug in that specific query only (i.e. simple point vs
point). I remember fixing something related to that in 3.5, but I don't remember
the details. I know that I am doing that exact thing with 3.3 and 3.4 here. What
mode are you using- nquery or query?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Tim Cera <timcera at earthlink.net> 05/01/01 09:20PM >>>
I have a problem and I hope that someone can help me.

Problem:
Time-out for a basic query against a point shapefile.

No error in apache error_log.
No error from mapserv.
No files in the mapserver tmp directory.

Tried with 3.3.011, 3.4.  Tried the 3.4 version on Linux and Solaris
2.5.  All had the same result.

Attached is the mapfile.  Suspect that there might be a problem with
the shapefile, but nothing that ArcView notices.  Can forward the
shapefile if needed to diagnose, didn't this time because of size.

thanks
Tim Cera