[mapserver-users] Linux SDE configure error.....

Ballard,Lowell LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Thu May 10 15:28:32 EDT 2001

I pulled the ArcSDE Client for Red Hat from my SDE Pre-Release 8.1 disks.
This is the error I got when I tried to configure.  I put in my "path to
SDE" the /include directory shown below.

Mapserver Version = 3.4
RH = 7.0 Intel

checking whether we should include ESRI SDE support...
configure: error: Could not find sdetype.h or libsde80.a in
/home/httpd/html/testweb/sdeexe81/include/.

[root at castor mapserver]# locate sdetype.h
/home/httpd/html/testweb/sdeexe81/include/sdetype.h

 [root at castor mapserver]# locate libsde80.a

Any thoughts?

Lowell Ballard
Unix/Database Administrator
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
901 E. Byrd St., Richmond, Va. 23218
http://gis.vedp.org