[mapserver-users] temporary files deletion

Sam Paske spaske at kapur-assoc.com
Thu May 17 12:06:34 EDT 2001

On Windows 2000 Server we use a simple .cmd file that has one line:
del C:/temp/*.gif

The cmd file is run daily by the Task Scheduler service, which is available
on Win98SE and above, I believe. The Task Scheduler is usually found in the
Start Menu in Program Files->Accessories->System Tools.

.cmd files are similar to batch files (.bat) so perhaps on Win98 a batch
file would work when scheduled to run by the Task Scheduler. Since you have
Win95, perhaps you could run the bat file automatically when the machine
reboots. Assuming you reboot daily at the most and weekly at the least, this
could meet your needs if the machine has enough disk space.

Sam Paske
Kapur & Assoc
Milwaukee, WI, USA