[mapserver-users] [Fwd: Zoom to queried poly using PHP Mapscript]

Thomas E. Burk teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Thu May 24 00:41:17 EDT 2001

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Zoom to queried poly using PHP Mapscript
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:27:26 -0700
From: "David Kriske" <David_Kriske at Hilton.com>
To: "'mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu'"
<mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu>

Can anyone provide me with info or a code snippet of how to implement a
"zoom to extent" function using PHP Mapscript that would zoom to a
queried
polygon?  Basically I am able to set up a querymap that, based on a
click of
the mouse, will highlight whatever polygon(s) the user clicks on.  What
would like to do is not only highlight, but pan/zoom the map to the
extent
of the higlighted polygon(s).  I know it is possible using the CGI
version,
but I can't seem to implement it in PHP Mapscript.  How would one
retrieve
the extents of the highlighted polygons??

Thanks for any help you can provide.

David

David L. Kriske
Database Analyst, GIS