[mapserver-users] PDF output, what about?

Michael Anderson m_anderson14 at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 14:14:46 EDT 2001

Andrew,

I use a Python module called Reportlab (www.reportlab.com) to make pdfs.
There is an example of the functionality at cegis1.cas.psu.edu/Centre. Hit
the print button to print the map currently in the browser. You can enter a
title, a short description, a legend, north arrow, and reference map. I'm
not too good with graphics so it's not the prettiest map, but you can change
the look with a template. I've gotten to the point where I know how to do
everything but the map as vectors and the map is possible (except for
imagery) but don't know when I'll get time to implement it.

PHP also has a module for creating pdfs, but I've never used it.

Mike Anderson
Spatial Information Technologies, Inc.