[mapserver-users] JSObject in applet

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed May 30 14:24:04 EDT 2001

IE 3.0 is not a web browser, a virtual doorstop. IE didn't start to support LiveConnect
until 4.0. No workaround that I'm aware of.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Michael Hearne <Michael.Hearne at noaa.gov> 05/30/01 12:45PM >>>
I've just been testing a MapServer app, using Steve's mapimage applet,
on some older browsers we have, and ran into this error on Internet
Explorer 3.0:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: netscape.javascript.JSObject

I can guess _why_ it doesn't work [the "netscape" part might have
something to do with it :)], but I'm curious if there is a workaround
for older versions of IE, like including the JSObject as a jar file that
the user downloads or something?  (That would probably be a really
horrendous solution, particularly for users w/ modem, but it's all I
could think of.)

Thanks,

Mike Hearne
Michael G. Hearne     	  	email: Michael.Hearne at noaa.gov
Coastal Remote Sensing  		phone: 843 740-1281
TPMC/NOAA Coastal Services Center	fax:   843 740-1312
2234 S. Hobson Ave.,    Charleston, SC 29407