[mapserver-users] PHP4 load library error

Janet Ciavarelli Jciavarelli at city.kamloops.bc.ca
Wed May 30 17:34:56 EDT 2001

Hi Daniel,
    I set the extensions_dir variable in the php.ini in my winnt directory as you said, but now I get this message:

The procedure entry  point_add_property_double could not be located in the dynamic link library php4ts.dll

So it seems like something else is now messed up. Any ideas?

Janet.

Janet Ciavarelli wrote:

> I followed all the instructions for loading the php_mapscript.dll but get this error when I run phpinfo_mapscript.php4
>
> Warning: Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in g:\apache1319\apache\htdocs\phpinfo_mapscript.php4 on line 17
>
> I'm wondering if there's another variable I have to set in the httpd.conf file to tell it where to look for it, cause it's looking for it in the wrong place.

The location of the PHP extensions (DLLs) is set in the php.ini file
that you should have copied in your C:\windows directory.

Look for the following line in php.ini:

extension_dir = c:/apache/php4/extensions	; directory in which the
loadable extensions (modules) reside

... and replace C:/apache/php4/extensions with whatever the location of
your php4 extensions directory is, and then copy your php_mapscript.dll
to that directory.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca