[mapserver-users] Persistent Change from a Form

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu May 31 11:43:27 EDT 2001

I have a SELECT element on a form that is populated with a bunch of values
from a shapefile.

The user can select a value, then hit a button, which sends a modification
to mapserv using this type of syntax:

Map_<Layer Name>_class_expression

This works great. The polygon that is represented by the value in the list
"lights up."

Now I want it to stay "selected." If I understand this syntax right, it's
kind of like I'm making a "virtual" change to the map file. If I zoom in or
out, pan, anything, it reads the original (non-virtual) map file and the
polygon is no longer "selected."

How can I do this (I'm bucking for the easy solution... I haven't delved
into MapScript or anything like that yet).

Thanks!

Chip