[mapserver-users] RE: querymaps

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu May 31 14:12:27 EDT 2001

Drawing queried layers is a 2 step process depending on the style of the
query map. Actually only style=hilite results in the two passes. That's where
using a small value for MINDISTANCE in the label object will remove the
duplicate. Styles normal or selected run through only once. The selected
style just limits the set of features to be drawn up front. Only one label is
shown in either case.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Woody Wallace <wgwallace at students.wisc.edu> 05/22/01 09:43AM >>>
> 4) I have the same problem with multiple labels that another person on
> the list was having. I realize there is a work around.  However, I was
> wondering if this was a bug, or a problem with my .map file.  Could it
> be that I'm requesting that it be drawn twice?

As a followup to question 4 I posed yesterday, I continued playing with
the querymap request and layer combinations.  It appears that:

1) using style=hilite: Mapserv draws all requested layers, the query
layer (including the unhilited version of the higlited feature), then
the hilited feature.  Labels are drawn for all requested layers, the
query layer, and then again for the hilited feature, resulting in
duplicate labels for the hilited feature.

2) using style=selected: Mapserv draws all requested layers, then the
selected feature.  Labels are drawn for all requested layers, then the
selected feature, resulting in a single instance of the label for that
feature.

3) in both cases, if a layer is specified as a qlayer and a normal
layer, it is only drawn as a qlayer. Otherwise, you could have tripple
labels and there are none.

Woody
WI-SCO