[mapserver-users] URL encoding with mapserver 3.5

Brent Lund brent.lund at mnplan.state.mn.us
Fri Nov 2 12:31:47 EST 2001

The following problem occurs with netscape 4.7.    Netscape 6 and IE fix the url on the fly.

I am attempting to generate a query using the shape extent.  I have done this with previous revs of Mapserver no problem, but 3.5 appears to be failing in the url encoding of the shape extent.

For example, within the template line I've assigned the new mapext as follows.
mapext=[shpext]
When using netscape 4.7, this generates  mapext=437235.843750 5045171.000000 466844.718750 5121648.000000.   Mapserver 3.5 then complains
"loadForm(): Web application error. Not enough arguments for mapext."

previous versions would have replaced the spaces with a "+",   I believe the correct url encode would be "%20" in place of the spaces(both netscape 6 and ie do this automatically).

Am I missing a setting or is this a bug?

Brent

Brent Lund
Programmer Analyst
658 Cedar Street