[mapserver-users] install questions

Wes Byne fbyne at engr.uga.edu
Tue Nov 6 15:15:19 EST 2001

If I compile the binary (3.3.011) with no extras (tif,ttf,jpeg,etc), then copy it to my cgi-bin and edit the demo.map file (with absolute paths) I get the mapserver demo page but without an image (I do get the small image in the lower right hand corner, but nothing to view).  If I check my htdocs/tmp directory, images are created, but they're read-only root.  Any suggestions?

If I compile the binary (3.3 or 3.4) with tiff, jpeg, png, ttf, and then move the binary to cgi-bin, I get a server error.  It appears to apache isn't recognizing my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and can't find the proj4 libs.  Can someone tell me how to tell apache to create that variable when it creates the process for mapserver?  I've tried setting the variable and then restarting apache, but it doesn't work.

I'm running solaris 8 on intel, apache 1.3.22

thanks,
Wes

--
*****