[mapserver-users] Applet with polygon drawing

Cameron Shorter cameron at socialchange.net.au
Thu Nov 8 20:51:15 EST 2001

David Graham wrote:
> Does anyone know of (can point me to) a browser Java applet for
> MapServer that supports drawing a polygon layer over the map?  One that
> can then transmit the polygon layer back to the server?

I don't think one exists, however a few of us are working on it:
Use geotools applet to send shape to Web Feature Server and PostGIS
database.  From PostGIS you can dump the data to shapefiles which can be
used by mapserv.

More information at:
http://mapbuilder.sourceforge.net

--
Cameron Shorter          Web Mapping Manager
Social Change Online