[mapserver-users] Applet with polygon drawing

jrom jga at scot.cnes.fr
Fri Nov 9 04:05:40 EST 2001

> Dear MapServer Users:
>
> Does anyone know of (can point me to) a browser Java applet for
> MapServer that supports drawing a polygon layer over the map?  One that
> can then transmit the polygon layer back to the server?
>
> Dave Graham
> information integration and imaging, LLC

Hi,

We've developped such an applet. It support a lot functionnalities
including:

		* zoom+
		* zoom-
		* pan
		* browse history
		* distance calculation
		* ...

And it support the drawing of polygons, lines and points with a kind of
topological
control with other objects load into the applet. Tests have been done with
insertion of more than 10000 vertices polygons without any problem. A
documented
API should explain how it work (i hope ;)
This applet is part of a more advanced project including mapfile editor and
application
creation through the web which use postgres/postgis as one of the data
sources. The
mapfile structure is stored into a relational schema into postgres
database.

We haven't yet release the source of these tools and we are in discussion
with our company
to see if we can make it publicly available. I think we should do this into
a couple
of days on sourceforge. I will send a mail when it'll be available.

I can send screenshots or more explanation by email if someone is
interested

Regards

jrom

Jerome Gasperi