[mapserver-users] Can Mapserver do this?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Nov 15 19:43:47 EST 2001

What exactly did you like about it? The glacially slow rendering? The
generally unattractive cartographic sensibilities?

In all seriousness, I assume it is things like the demographics, address
finder, and whatnot. It is not really a matter of "can mapserver do it",
mapserver provides an extremely good rendering and query engine, so it
has the horsepower to run this kind of application. But most of
interface stuff you see in this app would have to be put together
specifically for whatever it is you are doing. I assume that whomeever
put this together invested a fair amount of time on this java applet --
it certainly is not the default one which shipped with MapCafe (way back
when).

Good luck,
Paul

--