[mapserver-users] overlapping map data

Walt Lin joemayfair at usa.net
Mon Nov 19 00:00:49 EST 2001

Hi-- I'm trying to get a worldwide mapserver going.  I have the TIGER data and it's producing nice looking US maps.  I also have world data, but it's not as good.  The plan is to switch over to the TIGER data at a certain scale if someone is looking at the US.  The problem is if they are on a border (say, Canada or Mexico), is there any way in mapserver to show the US TIGER data and the worldwide Canada/Mexico data (and NOT the worldwide US data).  The worldwide data is in one shp file per layer.  So, for example, if someone is on the border can I tell mapserver to show the cities in Candada and Mexico but not the cities in the US, even though there is one worldwide city file?

Thanks for any help.
Walt Lin