[mapserver-users] mapscript and queries

Rodrigo Becke Cabral cabral at cttmar.univali.br
Tue Nov 20 08:23:46 EST 2001

Okay, I believe I've narrowed down my question:

Steve's reply:
(1) "Once the query is done..."
(2) "you can quickly step through all the layer query results generating a
global extent"

And also considering this reply:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/majordom_lists/archives/mapserver-users/html/01
11/msg00182.html
(which also suits my case, let's consider I want to query/highlight/show
"Aitkin" in the map)

In (1) my question is: how do I set the query argument in mapscript? I can
think of several solutions using classitem and expressions, but still I
wouldn't be performing an actual query. Using queryByPoint or other
queryBy... methods, I still don't have a "queryItem( itemstring )" method in
layerObj, which sounds better for me.

In (2), if a queryItem method is implemented, it could also set map extents
automatically. However, if I choose to step through query results, how do I
do that? Where the query results are stored in mapscript?

Regards,
Rod.