[mapserver-users] experience with shptree

Dreesmann, Michael Michael.Dreesmann at LVERMAP.brandenburg.de
Wed Nov 21 03:46:13 EST 2001

Sometimes Windows makes me crazy. Today shptree exit after a view seconds
with following error (see shptree_error.gif).
I ignored the error and use the quadtree-indexfile like your info. It works
well and very fast.

The shptree version I used is from Feb. 2001 (MS 3.4). I'll download a newer
one and hope it will work okay, or I generate it under LINUX.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stephen Lime [mailto:steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. November 2001 18:34
An: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu;
Michael.Dreesmann at LVERMAP.brandenburg.de
Betreff: Re: [mapserver-users] experience with shptree

How old is the version of the code you have. I fixed a bug in the shptree
code about 2 weeks ago and it should work ok, at least it has for me.
There's nothing you need to do to in the mapfile.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Dreesmann, Michael" <Michael.Dreesmann at LVERMAP.brandenburg.de> 11/20/01
09:12AM >>>
Hi,

has any one experience with shptree ?

I use it on WinNT with a polygon shape (50 MByte).
I started it with shptree f001 10
shptree said	creating index of old native format
and creates a	f001.qix
but it seems to run in an endless loop.

After finnishing (if it works), must I update the mapfile ?
How faster is the presentation ?

Regards
Michael

----
Landesvermessungsamt Brandenburg, Technische Stellen ALB/ALK
E-Mail : Michael.Dreesmann at LVermAP.brandenburg.de
Post   : 14473 Potsdam, Heinrich-Mann-Allee 103