[mapserver-users] Fwd: Mapserver install and demo

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Nov 29 08:45:00 EST 2001

Pushkar -

No, I don't think that's correct.  Windows (in most cases) will handle
slashes in either direction, and in any event, the string
"/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe" is not a file path but a URL, and the forward
slashes are just fine.

Did you set the /cgi-bin virtual directory to have EXECUTE permission?
If that's not the problem, look to see (in the download dialog box)
whether you're trying to download the file "mapserv" or "mapserv.exe".
If the filename is "mapserv" but the file type below it is
"Application", that's OK.  If it's not, then double-check that you've
changed all references to "/cgi-bin/mapserv" to "/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe".

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com