[mapserver-users] Identify for raster data?

Armin Burger armin.burger at territoriumonline.com
Wed Oct 10 02:51:13 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's the possibility to use identify on raster layer.
That is, to click on the map and get back the pixel value. There's the
possibility to classify raster data with the [pixel] tag. I tried this
including [pixel] instead of the field name of a shapefile in the query
template. But I only got back the error
  msOpenSHPFile(): Unable to access file. (slope_perc.tif)
With GDAL I think it should be possible to use Arc/Info grid  without
converting it to an image but I assume the identify will not work either.

Is there another possibility for Identify raster or is it maybe planned in
the future? (A workaround to convert the grid to shapefile produced a shape
with 2.5 million polygons, but I will see how this works with MapServer)

Thanks for any help

Armin
--
Armin Burger