[mapserver-users] Older copy of Geographic Explorer with QuickTranslate?

James Brown jbrown at burgoyne.com
Fri Oct 12 15:25:57 EDT 2001

Does anyone have an older copy of Geographic Explorer that still has the
QuickTranslate feature enabled?  If so, would you please email a copy to me?

I contacted Blue Marble to request an older copy and they offered to sell me
one for $99.  Wow, what a deal, an older copy of your free software for only
a hundred bucks!  Gee, how could I turn that down?

TIA,

- James

>From the discussion page at Blue Marble Geographics:

"The Geographic Explorer, a complimentary product offered by Blue Marble,
has
proven itself to be a great tool for quickly finding and viewing map and
image files.

"Users of the QuickTranslate utility within the Geographic Explorer suite
were
demanding intensive technical support relating to oftentimes "quirky" file
format
issues - issues that were well beyond the original intentions of this
feature set. The
QuickTranslate utility was designed as a quick and simple solution for 99%
of all file
conversion requirements. We continue to invest in the development and
support of
our Geographic Translator application tool.

"We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate you interest in Blue
Marble
Geographics."