[mapserver-users] ArcIMS Emulations

kenboss kenboss at dilbert.dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Oct 16 10:33:50 EDT 2001

I don't think that MrSID's image server supports WMS, but it is scripted in
Perl.  I would guess that it wouldn't be too hard to customize the image server
a bit and then incorporate calls to both it and mapserver within a java applet.
Or maybe it could be incorporated directly into the ArcIMS emulation bit...

--Ken

Ken Boss
Digital Image Analysis / Web Stuff       Forestry Resource Assessment
kenboss at dilbert.dnr.state.mn.us          Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources
Voice: 218 327 4449 ext. 237             413 SE 13th Street
Fax:   218 327 4517                      Grand Rapids, MN  55744          USA
                   www.ra.dnr.state.mn.us

> On the Mr. SID issue. If someone can convince LizardTech to support platforms
other than Windows then it will be supported, until then...

> You might be able to integrate Mr. Sid's image server into a MapServer
application, especially if that product supported WMS.