[mapserver-users] Problems with "make" again...

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Oct 16 13:14:42 EDT 2001

> Greg Liapis wrote:
>
> Hi all
> Let me describe my problem. I have apache1.3.20 installed with
> php4.0.6 as an SDO. When I try to install mapserver3.4 with
> php/mapspript the following happens.If I just run configure --with-gd
> --with-postgis everything goes fine.I run make, copy mapserv in the
> cgi-bin directory and it works. But as I need php/mapscript I have to
> run configure --with-php=[dir] --with-apxs=[dir] etc. After the
> configuration which seems to go well I try to run make and I get the
> following message:
> "make: ***No target. Stop.". Do you have any idea what could be wrong?
> I perform everything as superuser. I'd be grateful if you could help
> me.

You seem to be doing the right thing... it's the first time someone
reports this kind of problem.  Which OS are you running on?  Are you
using GNUmake?  Also, this may sound like a silly question, but did you
run make from the main MapServer directory?  Perhaps if you could make
available the complete output of the configure and make commands as well
as the resulting Makefile and mapscript/php3/Makefile then we could have
a look and try to help you more.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca