[mapserver-users] Displaying very large shapefiles

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Oct 17 17:44:51 EDT 2001

 What is your data like?
    Are all the shapes of similar size (to within an order
    of magnitude)?
    Are the shapes spread out homogeneously or heavily clumped into a
    few areas?
    Are the shapes very very large (many many vertices)?

Maybe you have data which isn't amenable to quadtree indexing. Or maybe
you've exposed a bug :)

--
      __
     /