[mapserver-users] SUMM:Best way of returning data at a point and doing something with it?

Robert Crossley robert at wotzhere.com
Fri Apr 12 08:07:23 EDT 2002

Thanks to those who did reply and offer suggestions.

In the end I just put a javascript redirection in the query template.  This was simply a call to an asp page, but I was able to pass the ID of the object that was
pointed to on the map.  This then allowed me to do database calls to extract data from SQLServer, etc.

The standard query template with scripting looks pretty good for most instances, but this was a good workaround in this case as I wanted to reteive data from a
non-connected SQL database for the paddock that was pointed to.

In the process was also able to get CGI mapscript calls from an ActiveX control if anyone needs that useless bit of info.

When this job is over, I will be installing PostreSQL to try it out.

Robert Crossley
Robert Crossley & Associates
9 Short St
New Brighton NSW 2483