[mapserver-users] Developer Wanted

Andrew Elwell andrew at elwell.org.uk
Sat Aug 3 12:36:21 EDT 2002

Folks,

I have had a quick look at mapserver, but I'm not from a GIS background
and can't spare the time to learn it just now.

I want to develop a fairly simple (by the standard of examples I've
seen) mapserver style interfave for a charity i'm involved in.

Ocean Youth Trust Scotland (http://www.oytscotland.org.uk) run a sail
training vessel and we log the position from the SatC to the website.

It's currently possible to do a SQL Query and bring back the fixes
(points?)  for each trip, but I'd like a grraphical map instead.

If there's anyone on this mail list who fancies a little freelance work,
please can the mail me off the list for more details before submitting
a quote to do this for us.

Datasets: We have our own WGS84 data for the vessel log, but no
coastline info. The level of detail we need is NOT great, so a simple UK
/ Ireland / N. Europe outline woiuld be sufficient

Sadly [yeah right, :-)] I'm off sailing for a fortnight with the boat on
the Tall Ships races, but I'll answer your mails when I return

Many thanks in advance, and apologies if this appears as spam to the
list. However, I figured I'd target people who knew what they were
doing :-)

Andrew
(IT Support for OYT Scotland)