No subject

Andrew Collins andrewrcollins at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 02:29:58 EDT 2002

Hello Each and All

I am having a heck of a time determing what the status of a Java
MapScript interface is or is not... I've done a search (maybe not
wide enough?) and found some contradictory postings and websites:

  The Theory
  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0006/msg00060.html

  Experiments
  http://mailman.cs.uchicago.edu/pipermail/swig/2001-November/003471.html

  Questions...
  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0112/msg00042.html

  Possible success?
  http://urewera.boarsnest.net/MapScript/

  But, no "HOWTO" exists...
  http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mdp/

I'm not any sort of "Java guru" but I have a sincere interest
in seeing a Java interface to MapServer become available. I'm
absolutely certain that there are at least a few other people
interested in getting a Java interface working.

I would compose a "HOWTO" project for the MapServer Documentation
Project, with some help, too: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/mdp/

Please send responses, hints, links or information to the
MapServer list as well as directly to me.

Thanks!

=====
Andrew Collins - andrewrcollins at yahoo.com
http://profiles.yahoo.com/andrewrcollins/