[Mapserver-users] Scalable images HOWTO?

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Tue Dec 3 04:47:04 EST 2002

Hello,

	I need to put images (PNG files generated independently from
	Mapserver) over a polygon layer.

	My current approach to this is to generate a point layer with
	points in the places I want to put the images in.

	Then, using pixmap symbols I draw the images (I miss a symbol
	object in PHP/Mapscript :-) ).

	That works to the point of displaying the image in the point.

	The only problem is that, if I want the symbol to scale, it gets
	distorted. This is expected to happen, but I need to preserve
	readability of some texts in the image. What can I do in the
	process of generating the image to reduce the impact of scaling?

	Or the only reasonable solution is regenerating each time the
	image (ie, doing the scaling on my own)?

Thanks,
--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl