AW: [Mapserver-users] Compiling the boxzooming mapplet

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue Dec 3 13:03:07 EST 2002

--=====================_755534484==.ALT

A couple more things: I think you can get 1.4 compiled applets to run under
IE if you install the Sun 1.4 JRE. I think the problem is with the
Microsoft Java Virtual machine, but I am not a Java expert.

Steve Lime recommends using his jBox instead of mapplet because:
"mapplet is old code and you should be probably using the new jBox.java
code based on mapplet. It has updated method naming conventions so as to
jive with some DHTML and javascript libs I've written. You can nab
it at http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/java/ "

I have added some line drawing capabilities to jBox to simulate a tool like
MapInfo and ArcView have. You can see it in action at:
http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/

And you can get my .java source at:
http://www.greenwoodmap.com/mapserver

Rich

At 06:23 PM 12/3/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Thanks for the reply.
>
>I found a file mayscript.jar that contains the classes required for the Live
>Connect mechanism
>under http://www.applepiesolutions.com/mayscript/.
>
>I saved it as c:\j2sdk1.4.0_01\lib\mayscript.jar and added it to the
>CLASSPATH.
>Now I can compile the boxzooming mapplet with my jdk :-)
>
>Your experience with Sun Java 1.3 sdk is very interesting.
>I indeed have problems to run my applets under IE.
>I will try if it works better with version 1.3.
>
>Nicole

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.
Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
(307) 733-0203
http://www.GreenwoodMap.com
--=====================_755534484==.ALT

A couple more things: I think you can get 1.4 compiled applets to run
under IE if you install the Sun 1.4 JRE. I think the problem is with the
Microsoft Java Virtual machine, but I am not a Java expert.<br><br>
Steve Lime recommends using his jBox instead of mapplet because:<br>
&quot;mapplet is old code and you should be probably using the new
jBox.java code based on mapplet. It has updated method naming conventions
so as to jive with some DHTML and javascript libs I've written. You can
nab <br>
it at
&quot;<br><br>
I have added some line drawing capabilities to jBox to simulate a tool like MapInfo and ArcView have. You can see it in action at:<br>
And you can get my .java source at:<br>
Rich<br><br>
At 06:23 PM 12/3/2002 +0100, you wrote:<br>
I found a file mayscript.jar that contains the classes required for the Live<br>
Connect mechanism<br>
I saved it as c:\j2sdk1.4.0_01\lib\mayscript.jar and added it to the<br>
CLASSPATH.<br>
Now I can compile the boxzooming mapplet with my jdk :-)<br><br>
Your experience with Sun Java 1.3 sdk is very interesting.<br>
I indeed have problems to run my applets under IE.<br>
I will try if it works better with version 1.3.<br><br>
Nicole<br><br>
-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----<br>