[Mapserver-users] SDE queries are different

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at agr.gc.ca
Wed Dec 4 16:00:07 EST 2002

Yes, I discovered this today as well!

Are you doing this for an itemquery?

Have you managed to get nquery and query to work on an SDE layer from the Mapserver CGI?

D. Pagurek

>>> "Murray, Ross" <rmurray at nrcan.gc.ca> 12/04/02 02:05PM >>>
I have a javascript function that builds a string (from an Oracle database)
that is used as a layer filter. For example, the script may produce

	' [CODE] ' = ' somevalue '

which is passed to Mapserver as the value for map_somelayer_filter.
This works fine, only so long as the underlying source is a shapefile. If
the layer is an SDE layer I have to use

	CODE = ' somevalue '

So I have to now test to see if the layer being queried is a SDE layer!

Has anyone else had this problem, i.e. is this a bug that should be
reported?

 <<Murray, Ross.vcf>>