[Mapserver-users] Compilling php_mapscript on FreeBSD

Antonio Hernandez Sanchez antonienko at el-valles.com
Mon Dec 9 03:57:42 EST 2002

I'm trying to compile php_mapscript on freebsd 4.7 with php 4.2.2.

As I'm not an expert freebsd user (even not an intermediate
unix-like-systems user), I'm not sure of what I'm doing

I've downloaded the php 4.2.2 source code, as well as mapscript 3.6.3
source code.

I've followed instructions on mapserver documentation, and have run the
command: ./configure--with-php=DIR (with the appropiate path to php
sources), and I get the following error:
-----
checking for location of config.h or php_config.h... configure: error:
!!! Could not find config.h or php_config.h in
/usr/bin/phpsource/php-4.2.2/.          !!!
!!! Has PHP been configured yet?                                      !!!
------

I've been searching for php_config.h in the php sources and only found a
file named php_config.h.in

What else should I've done to get the php_mapscript.so file?

Thanks in advance
--
Antonio