[Mapserver-users] Installation size

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Tue Dec 10 16:25:02 EST 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 04:13:37PM -0300, Daniel Berstein wrote:
> Thanks Vinko. The service that is giving me trouble is only available on
> Win32 platform and when system resources get too low strange things happen
> (like services going down, maps rendering blank, etc.).

That's why I always try to use Free Software :-)

Can't you run MapServer in one machine and the service in another?

> I'm planning only
> to server from static shape files. No mapscript, no postgis, no nothing...
> I need every picosecond of performance.

I don't remember if MapServer supports them, but there're DBF indexes
you could use (if supported). BTW, are they supported?

> I'll be doing a stress test before commiting to Mapserver... but
> nevertheless I've found others expiriences quite valuable on the past.

BTW, have you tried other alternatives? The time I tested an
alternative (ArcIMS 3.1 on Windows) MS3.5 was a lot faster...

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl