[Mapserver-users] trouble using postgis layer

Alessandro Ceccotti alessandro.ceccotti at netxcalibur.com
Thu Dec 12 06:08:25 EST 2002

Hello listers!
I'd finally managed to configure and correctly install postgis and
mapserver.
I've inserted the following postgis layer in mt .map file:

	LAYER
	    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
	    NAME "demo"
	    # Connect to a remote spatial database
	    CONNECTION "user=user dbname=db host=localhost"
	    # Get the lines from the 'the_geom' column of the 'mappe1' table
	    DATA "the_geom from mappe1"
	    STATUS ON
	    TYPE line
	    END
	END

when i run mapserver, it returns me an error message:

		getNumeric(): Incorrect data type.

I dont know on what it depends...
I've tried to change the TYPE definition into polygon, but the error
persists...
Any tips?
thanks

 Alessandro