[Mapserver-users] perl mapscript dying "Invalid image extent"

Dana Quinn dana at nextbus.com
Thu Dec 12 14:38:05 EST 2002

Hi, I'm having some problems with the perl version of mapscript
dying.  We have an application that works well under an older version
of the mapserver, on an older version of Linux, but I'm having trouble
getting it work now on a newer machine with a newer version of the
software, so thought I'd post here.  I do have the 'itasca' demo
working on the platform now.

My error_log gives me this message:
msCalculateScale(): General error message. Invalid image extent.

it dies in mapscript.pm, on this line:
my $result = mapscriptc::mapObj_prepareImage(@args);

I'm running this on Linux RH8.0, with perl 5.8, gcc 3.2, with
mapserver version 3.6.3.  I read in the archives about some
problems with PHP mapscript - could there be similar issues in
perl mapscript?

dana

Dana Quinn, dana at nextbus.com
NextBus Information Systems