[Mapserver-users] Umlauts in labels

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Fri Dec 13 05:07:47 EST 2002

Hi Björn,
we're using labels that contain umlauts without any problems at all.
We're using ms 3.6.3 on Win2000, Solaris and on both platforms the
umlauts display fine. We're using bitmap and truetype fonts. Data
sources are shapefiles, ArcSDE-Layer and layer from oracle spatial. In
   neither of these settings we have problems using umlauts. Don't know
if the problem is ms 3.5 but have you checked your datasources. Most of
the times I had such trouble the umlauts where screwed up in the DBF of
a Shapefile.

greetings
Oliver

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Oliver Wesp
Gesellschaft für geografische Datenverarbeitung