[Mapserver-users] SDE queries and projection

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at agr.gc.ca
Fri Dec 13 10:32:33 EST 2002

Hi everyone,
I have determined that the problem I've been having with getting mapserver to query (nquery) an SDE layer is related to projection.

The SDE layer is in Lambert Conformal Conic.
I am defining this in the mapfile "LAYER" as:
PROJECTION
  "proj=lcc"
  "ellps=GRS80"
  "lat_0=0"
  "lon_0=-91.866667"
  "lat_1=49"
  "lat_2=77"
END

I only have this one layer in my application.  Do I have to set the WEB projection object as the same?  My extents and units are set up correctly in meters.

A click on the map for an nquery is returning
msSDELayerGetShape(): SDE error. SE_stream_fetch(): Shape or row not found. (-22)

and I suspect that the pixel coordinates are not being transformed properly to map coordinates.

FOr those of you who have SDE queries working, what projection setup are you using?  i.e. what projection is the sde layer stored in and how are you setting up your mapfiles?  Any copies of mapfiles would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
D. Pagurek