[Mapserver-users] Implementing QueryByAttribute

Jeff Berry jeffb at erlandsen.com
Fri Dec 13 13:23:50 EST 2002

I'd like to add a simple query tool that allows the user to enter a parcel
owner name, hit a search button and, for now, simply have the map find the
parcel and zoom the map to it.  Eventually I want it to populate the query
results table just as if the user had used the Identify tool, but one step
at a time.  I've looked through the archives for examples on how to use
QueryByAttribute and I sort of understand the code snippets I've found, but
being a novice with with PHP and web development in general, I'm a bit
confused on how to actually implement the code to do a parcel search.

Below is the code I've included in the main PHP code of my phtml file.
There is a textline labeled OwnerName.  I get a parser error on the
QueryByAttributes line.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestion as to what the problem is?

if ($HTTP_FORM_VARS[OwnerName])
  {
    $layer->$map->getLayerByName('parcels');
    $layer->{status} = MS_ON;
    $layer->{filteritem} = "OWNER";
    $layer->setfilter("\"$OwnerName\"");
    &rv = $layer->queryByAttributes($map, MS_SINGLE);
    if ($rv == MS_SUCCESS)
      {
        for ($i=0; $1<$layer->{resultcache}->{numresults}; $i++)
          {
            $result = $layer->getResult($i);
            $rvshape = $layer->getShape($shape, $result->{tileindex},
$result->{shapeindex});
            $shpbnd = $rvshape->bounds;
            &map->setextent( $shpbnd->{xmin}, $shpbnd->{ymin},
$shpbnd->{xmax}, $shpbnd->{ymax} );
          }
      }
  }