[Mapserver-users] Dusting off the ArcIMS wrapper project

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Fri Dec 13 14:01:10 EST 2002

Folks -

I'd like to spend some time on getting a real ArcIMS wrapper for MapServer going.  Waiting for ESRI to actually implement open server support in their client products is like waiting for the next glacier to show up.

There were a few conversations a while back, but things have gone quiet.  I've been looking through the ArcXML docs and things look pretty doable, but I'm not at all familiar with the standard client/server "conversation" between a client and an ArcIMS server.  Anyone with that experience would be very helpful.

In addition, if anyone knows good "sniffer" tools to log the conversation (I've got ArcGIS 8.2 and can talk to ArcIMS servers) I'd appreciate pointers.  Thanks.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.