[Mapserver-users] SHP file simplification

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 16 08:15:22 EST 2002

In most cases, the best tool for this is Mapserver! Depending on how
your data is organized, you should be able to turn off the roads
layer using MINSCALE and MAXSCALE parameters in the map file. Also if
you have attributes with you roads, only display major roadways when
you are zoomed out, by making another layer that is turned on when
the regular roads are turned off that only displays the major roads
by using the CLASSITEM to select the only the attributed major roads.

-Steve