[Mapserver-users] WMS help

Lowther, David W dlowther at ou.edu
Wed Dec 18 11:42:54 EST 2002

Howdy List,

I am trying to setup WMS Server and Client stuff. The files in the doc are
great. I've setup the server, tested XML output, and run it through
cubeview. Evertyhing looks good.

http://geo.ou.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=wms.map&REQUEST=GETCAPABILITIES

http://geo.ou.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=wms.map&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GETM
AP

Problem is I can't get the client cooking from here.

Here's the layer def from the client mapfile:
LAYER
	GROUP "Administrative Boundaries"
	NAME cnty_wms
	TYPE LINE
	STATUS OFF
	CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    CONNECTION
"http://geo.ou.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=wms.map&VERSION=1.1.0&LAYERS=Coun
ties&FORMAT=image/png"
#	DATA county
	PROJECTION #GEOGRAPHIC NAD83
		proj=longlat
		ellps=GRS80
		no_defs
	END
	METADATA
		"wms_srs"   "EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
		"wms_connectiontimeout" "10"
		legend_order "140"
 	END
	CLASS#
		MAXSCALE 100000
		SYMBOL "line"
	    COLOR 98 98 98
    	SIZE 8
	END
	CLASS#
		MINSCALE 100001
		SYMBOL "line"
		NAME "County Boundary (WMS)"
    	COLOR 98 98 98
		SIZE 2
	END
END

Anybody got any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I don't really understand
the relationship between the server mapfile projection, server layer
projection, client mapfile projection, and client layer projection. Could
this be causing my problems? Can anyone else see this layer?

Thanks for any help,

David Lowther
Software Engineer
GEO Information Systems