[Mapserver-users] mapserver installation using IIS

KRUSEMARK Matthew G matthew.g.krusemark at co.multnomah.or.us
Thu Dec 19 09:04:55 EST 2002

Hello,

It is ok to have the mapserver.exe in the \scripts directory in IIS as you
mentioned, you just need to make sure to set the permissions for that
directory so that the user (Example would be the: IIS "Internet Guest
Account") is set to Read/Read-Execute permissions for the \scripts
directory.

To test to make sure mapserver is working you can type in the URL:

http://yourservername/scripts/mapserv.exe (for example)

Which should return the error message something like:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Kind regards, -matthew

Matthew Krusemark
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Multnomah County, Oregon USA