[Mapserver-users] Rosa Applet and Transparency

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Fri Dec 20 02:09:29 EST 2002

--=====================_174700686==.ALT

Hi everybody,

I am trying to customize the gmap example. Instead of extracting all layers
from the map-file, I would like to add additional layers from other
WMS-servers, e.g. the background satellite layer from one server, and the
overlaying layers from the local machine. I succeed in getting the two
layers above each other. But unfortunately the Rosa applet seems to fill
the transparent parts of my (overlaying) PNG image with white color, so
that I can't see anymore the background image. When I load the locally
produced image into Photoshop I see that it is transparent.

Any ideas if the Rosa applet can be forced to take the transparent parts as
they are and not to fill them white? Or any other ideas? I succeeded to
work this thing out without using the Rosa applet. But because I would like
to have the bounding box option I would like to use the Rosa applet.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Stefan

         _______________________________________

         Stefan Schwarzer
         Consultant on GEO

         UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva
         Chemin des Anemones 11
         CH - 1219 Chatelaine
         Switzerland

         Tel: (+41) 22.917.83.49
         Fax: (+41) 22.917.80.29

         Internet: http://geodata.grid.unep.ch/
         _______________________________________
--=====================_174700686==.ALT

Hi everybody,<br><br>
I am trying to customize the gmap example. Instead of extracting all
layers from the map-file, I would like to add additional layers from
other WMS-servers, e.g. the background satellite layer from one server,
and the overlaying layers from the local machine. I succeed in getting
the two layers above each other. But unfortunately the Rosa applet seems
to fill the transparent parts of my (overlaying) PNG image with white
color, so that I can't see anymore the background image. When I load the
locally produced image into Photoshop I see that it is
transparent.<br><br>
Any ideas if the Rosa applet can be forced to take the transparent parts
as they are and not to fill them white? Or any other ideas? I succeeded
to work this thing out without using the Rosa applet. But because I would
like to have the bounding box option I would like to use the Rosa
applet.<br><br>
Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.<br><br>
Stefan<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Schwarzer<br>
</b><x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Consultant
on GEO<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>UNEP/DEWA/GRID-Geneva<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Chemin des
Anemones 11<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>CH - 1219
Chatelaine<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Switzerland<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Tel: (+41)
22.917.83.49<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Fax: (+41)
22.917.80.29<br><br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>Internet: